Senior UI Designer JUNE 2013 – PRESENT
I work closely with key stakeholders to translate business strategy, user insights and industry trends into a creative vision for our product ecosystem and the Scribd brand. I lead design project initiatives that improve current features and dream up new ones.
- Led 2014 re-brand, defined design principles, Design Language System and style guide
- Designed a signature book discovery experience with thoughtful UX and visual design
- Fostered design culture, raised profile of design team and evangelized design within company
- After 1 year leading design, Time Magazine awarded Scribd one of the top digital services of 2014.
Visual Designer II 2011 – 2013
I translated client business requirements, user needs, and technical innovations into designs that are elegant, easy to use, and emotionally engaging. I was also responsible for the development of forward-thinking navigation systems, interface designs and screen layouts for software, web, tablet, mobile experiences and wearable technologies. Brands served: Verizon, Samsung, Target, Disney, Sony, Chase, Samsung + more
- Designed award-winning community based platform for international telecom
- Created look and feel for leading consumer electronics manufacturer
- Visual and motion design for award-winning messaging app for a major US telecom
- Led creative brainstorm workshops for major consumer electronics manufacturer
- Spearheaded internal frog projects to improve studio efficiency and strengthen design culture
Interactive Art Director 2008 – 2011
As Interactive Art Director at Razorfish, I was responsible for working closely with designers, animators and engineers on interactive advertising initiatives for brands such as Intel, Microsoft, Activision, Best Buy and Mattel.
- Mentored small team of junior designers
- Drove expansion of design team to include motion design and sound design
- Team won Webby our work on Barbie’s 50th anniversary micro-site
- Key player in several global on-line advertising campaigns
UX/UI Designer 2005 – 2008
As UX/UI Designer at Delivery Agent, I was responsible for leading the design of e-commerce experiences for entertainment industry brands, such as ABC-TV, Bravo, NBC Universal, The Simpsons, SyFy Channel, Reggis & Kathy Lee, UFC.
- Led UX and visual design for several important projects for ABC-TV, NBC-Universal and Bravo
- Designed several components that were templatize for wider use within company
- Helped design first ever on-line store for The Simpsons
INTERACTIVE Designer 2004 – 2005
As the design lead for Playstation account, I designed rich media content for PlayStation.com home page featuring new and upcoming PS2 titles. My responsibilities included storyboards, design, animation, development and final delivery.
- Design lead for Playstation.com account
- Designed icons and graphics for award-winning Leapster games
San Francisco Art Institute
B.F.A., Digital Media and Painting, 2000 - 04
Academy of Fine Arts Prague, Czech RepublicVisual Communications, 2001
Independent Study. Paris, France
Digital Media, 2002
Synthesizers, crime noir, experimental animation, visual art, books.